Friday, March 13, 2009

We Must Be Doing Something Right.

Joseph Smith said "It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period in my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?"

Well we must be doing a good job carrying on his legacy. Recently HBO decided to show an enactment of a portion of the Temple ceremony in the series Big Love. Many people are upset to, say the least, about the disrespectful way they are treating something that we hold so sacred. Nephi wrote in the Book of Mormon "For the things which some men esteem to be of great worth, both to the body and soul, others set at naught and trample under their feet..."

I look at this situation as a sign that we are on the right track as a church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints will never be universally accepted and respected because we are Jesus Christ's church. When Jesus Christ walked the earth he was publicly mocked, ridiculed, spit upon, even tortured and crucified. He was not mainstream. He was not popular. If the world EVER leaves us alone then we will need to start worrying because we have probably fallen off the path as a people.

I have always been know as a bit of a disturber and annoyer, but with a little work maybe someday I'll also be known as a disturber and annoyer of Satan's kingdom. I'll put it on my list.

I'm just trying to be a better person. My name is Tyrel!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

YAY MY TYREL, I love your deep inspirational thoughts! Just to let you know I LOVE YOU AND DANIELLE. HUGS AND KISSES! MOM